Hesketh Bank Massive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hesketh Bank Massive

The Official HBM Guild Wars Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

... tell us which you prefer and why!

Go down 
+4
fiery flamess
Flynn79
ThE ZoHaN
Goya Of England
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Goya Of England
General
General
Goya Of England

... tell us which you prefer and why! Empty
PostSubject: ... tell us which you prefer and why!   ... tell us which you prefer and why! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 2:30 am

like this... i hate the fact on WoW it's noob-style gameplay, just bash numbers on your keyboard and do stupid hits... no real skill-chaining, no real thought in what your doing, in GW u get 8 skill slots to fill, u have to think about what skills u take... so GW is for non-noob gamers

GW ftw!
Back to top Go down
Goya Of England
General
General
Goya Of England

PostSubject: Re: ... tell us which you prefer and why!   ... tell us which you prefer and why! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 2:32 am

well saying that, i used to play woW... years ago, then i found GW and decided it was a hell of alot more realistic, and alot more social, all players on WoW are anti-noob (they are sooo cocky and take the piss if you don't know every little detail about a certain things)... bunch of geeks...
Back to top Go down
ThE ZoHaN
Brigadier
Brigadier
ThE ZoHaN

PostSubject: Re: ... tell us which you prefer and why!   ... tell us which you prefer and why! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 4:38 am

well to me wow just stinks played it for like today's got board,NO.... story line just stupid quest's
always running up and down to the same places graphics are crap compared to guild wars even
with the new expansion i don't think nothing graphical has been changed, And guild wars has a
story line a like it Very Happy haven't finished any of them yet but im on my way to doing so nearly done
with factions,another think i think is cool is tonics(O and btw if any one gets a permanent sinnister
golem tonic out the Z chest il take it off you Very Happy) and ja so GW FTW......end of story
Back to top Go down
ThE ZoHaN
Brigadier
Brigadier
ThE ZoHaN

PostSubject: Re: ... tell us which you prefer and why!   ... tell us which you prefer and why! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 4:44 am

but to cut that story short wow just suck @ss
Back to top Go down
Flynn79
Brigadier Grade 2
Brigadier Grade 2
Flynn79

PostSubject: Re: ... tell us which you prefer and why!   ... tell us which you prefer and why! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 6:57 am

Back when warcraft first came out it was a hit because it was one of the first real-time strategy games that had decent graphics and control engine.

WoW is basically the same game.

It's like they took a 1977 Ford Pinto, raised the back end, put on mag wheels, and super- charged the 4 cylinder engine Razz
Back to top Go down
fiery flamess
Commander Grade 2
Commander Grade 2
fiery flamess

PostSubject: Re: ... tell us which you prefer and why!   ... tell us which you prefer and why! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 8:17 am

I downloaded 20 days trial of WOW
uninstalled it within 2 minutes Razz
im ADDICTED to gw cant get anything better than
this Smile i've made many great friends and Loves
you all Razz even you Scott hehehehehehe
Back to top Go down
Dark Johan of Time
General
General

PostSubject: Re: ... tell us which you prefer and why!   ... tell us which you prefer and why! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 5:12 pm

I say GW, of course. Reasons (comparing)

1. Graphics - World of Warcraft have got the graphics from Warcraft II, cartoon-ish - Guild Wars have mor real-life-ish graphics.
2. Gameplay - Movements - Guild Wars got pretty cool character movements. WoW got strange movements. The characters is in the air for a long time
3. Gameplay - Storyline - All GW games have a GREAT storyline. WoW has the following: raid, kill, loot
4. Gameplay - Skills - As Scott says, it's almost never ending in WoW - GW has the limited 8 skill slot. Makes gameplay more advanced, and funnier
5. Gameplay - Lag - I've had lag twice since installation of GW in July. When I played WoW, I had lag every fucking day
6. Gameplay - Characters - WoW - Monster characters - GW - Human characters - Humans PWN!

These are my opinions. They do not represent words from any other person. If you question them, do so in Private Message, instead of here, because doing it here, will create a bad argumentation that anyone can see and engage themselves in.
Back to top Go down
Flynn79
Brigadier Grade 2
Brigadier Grade 2
Flynn79

PostSubject: Re: ... tell us which you prefer and why!   ... tell us which you prefer and why! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 10:33 pm

I can't believe I forgot about the llllllaaaaaaaggggggg in WoW Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Twisted Heartache
Corporal
Corporal
Twisted Heartache

PostSubject: Re: ... tell us which you prefer and why!   ... tell us which you prefer and why! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:19 pm

O.o
Well, i used to play WoW before GW. And i was pretty much addicted, but that was when WoW first came out, and it was the bestest thing out thenn. Then, when i found out about GW, i got it and realised it was a heck of a lot better. And, at least with GW there are no monthly fee's, they always suck.

There's a new chinese game out, from the makers of GW, called Aion. Its not on open beta anywhere other than china yet but the gameplay for china looks fantastic. I think you should totally check it out. Cant wait for it to come on OB here in England. But also, i am into this other game calles 'Perfect World'. The graphics arent the best, but the game seem's good. Nothing compared to GW, cause GW is FTW pirat
Back to top Go down
http://www.twistedheartache.tk
Goya Of England
General
General
Goya Of England

PostSubject: Re: ... tell us which you prefer and why!   ... tell us which you prefer and why! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 11:43 pm

wow, i think everyone hates WoW with a passion, we are all GW geeks at heart lol, and i must say i love RPG games in general, eg. Fable and Fable 2, they are ace, but GW is by far my favorite game, good story and the 4 games take a long time to complete, een then it doesnt get boring like 99% of games i finish ^^
Back to top Go down
Twisted Heartache
Corporal
Corporal
Twisted Heartache

PostSubject: Re: ... tell us which you prefer and why!   ... tell us which you prefer and why! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 1:00 am

Yeah.. GW is WAYYY betterr Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.twistedheartache.tk
Goya Of England
General
General
Goya Of England

PostSubject: Re: ... tell us which you prefer and why!   ... tell us which you prefer and why! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 2:43 am

yep, never understood Warcraft either, just gave you nothing to follow, just jumped in at the deep end really lol, there is ONE thing i prefer about WoW, which is the fact that you can jump Very Happy but GW2 will have the z-axis so it's all good Smile
Back to top Go down
Dark Johan of Time
General
General

PostSubject: Re: ... tell us which you prefer and why!   ... tell us which you prefer and why! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 11:55 am

tbh I enjoy Warcraft 3. Good story, good gameplay, good graphics Smile
Back to top Go down
Flynn79
Brigadier Grade 2
Brigadier Grade 2
Flynn79

PostSubject: Re: ... tell us which you prefer and why!   ... tell us which you prefer and why! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 2:13 am

A z-axis in GW2...I can barely manage movement in two directions lol!
Back to top Go down
Dark Johan of Time
General
General

PostSubject: Re: ... tell us which you prefer and why!   ... tell us which you prefer and why! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 12:07 pm

z-axis will pwn, just like jumping/climbing etc Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Goya Of England
General
General
Goya Of England

PostSubject: Re: ... tell us which you prefer and why!   ... tell us which you prefer and why! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 12:52 pm

yeh i cant wait, GW is so limited because u cant jump or fall off the edge of a cliff ect (falling off the edge of cliffs would be great vid/pics lol)
Back to top Go down
Dark Johan of Time
General
General

PostSubject: Re: ... tell us which you prefer and why!   ... tell us which you prefer and why! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 1:42 pm

And when falling off, I would like some sort of "aaaaaaaaaaaah!" or "oh my goooooooooood!"
Back to top Go down
Flynn79
Brigadier Grade 2
Brigadier Grade 2
Flynn79

PostSubject: Re: ... tell us which you prefer and why!   ... tell us which you prefer and why! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 1:30 pm

Yes, a good falling scream...but then you'd need the final "splat" as well.
Back to top Go down
Dark Johan of Time
General
General

PostSubject: Re: ... tell us which you prefer and why!   ... tell us which you prefer and why! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 2:01 pm

Indeed Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Varsh
Apprentice
Apprentice
Varsh

PostSubject: Re: ... tell us which you prefer and why!   ... tell us which you prefer and why! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 6:21 am

Well I have been on and off many MMO's over the years and as far as WoW goes, for me, it was all that bad of an experience.

What got me into it was everyone I had know for a really long time in an MMO called Star Wars Galaxies had just up and left because of what the big wigs at SOE had done to the game. So going into it I had full support of friends to get me into how things work and helping out when needed. Now if I had gotten on board with it the first day it was released ummm I think it might have been a bit different of an experience but I don't think it would have been enough to change my feelings towards the game. Now Mind you I was still playing SWG and GW while playing WOW so thats 3 mmos going on at once lol.

If I had to give WoW some props in some areas it would be the following.

1. PVP battlegrounds were always a lot of fun IMO especially the huge ones that have 60 people battling all at once
2. Although a cartoonish art style it did give you a feeling of being in a different world and did steer the game away from being to serious at times. Also they did make them Night Elf and blood Elfs damn hot hehe
3. The Interface although easy it is what makes the game a good pick up and play for anyone wanting to get into MMO's
4. A Crap load of content to keep you on track with lvling your character and not having to go around killing everything in sight mindlessly to just lvl up
5. Mounts, whether its flying or ground they were so much fun to have and could get some very cool looking ones.
6. Some of the later armor you get looks pretty slick and just plane badass

Things that I could say I didnt much like about it.

1. alot of the community you would encounter was very immature or just plane rude
2. Some quests wernt very imaginative in that they seemed to have you going out and killing a certain ammount of creatures or people and thats it. And this would pop up many times but only changing the target.
3. once you do all the end game content and get what you wanted out of it theres really no replay value after that. Its like you more or less put your powerfull character away, make a new one, and just wait around for another expansion to hit.
4. PVP servers seemed to have a lot of griefing going on from what I could tell although this might not have been the case over all.
5. When they would make changes to classes they seemed to make one of them to powerful compared to the others, right now the paladin is way overpowered, In other words they arnt good at balancing out things in their own game lol
6. making money wasnt to hard but trying to lvl up your job skills some of them were just plan thought out wrong. By that I mean you could have a high job lvl of mining, lest say 120 and even though you were able to smelt a type of mineral at that lvl you wernt able to mine it till like 30 more points later and by then its not worth smelting. These jobs would bleed you dry of gold making them not worth picking up at all.

Im gone stop myself there because I could go on and on lol but what it comes down to it is right now I prefer Guild Wars because it's a casual MMO and whenever Im up at college or working its good to know I have it avaiable whenever without having to worry about my subscription running out heh. Now would I go back to WoW in the future? Sure if I found a reason to or if someone threw me a prepaid card to check out something in the game. But yeah Guild Wars is my preferred MMO of choice for now just as GW2 will be when it finally hits heh.
Back to top Go down
Flynn79
Brigadier Grade 2
Brigadier Grade 2
Flynn79

PostSubject: Re: ... tell us which you prefer and why!   ... tell us which you prefer and why! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:16 pm

I didn't play WoW long enough to experience much of what you wrote.
The rudeness and the lllllllllaaaaaaaaagggggg were enough to put me off pirat
Back to top Go down
Dark Johan of Time
General
General

PostSubject: Re: ... tell us which you prefer and why!   ... tell us which you prefer and why! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 11:12 pm

Some guys went in to the same server as a classmate of mine was using. So, these guys stood in the middle of somewhere and started selling black slaves lol. Racism takes a new step, lol
Back to top Go down
Abhorsen
Lieutenant Grade 2
Lieutenant Grade 2
Abhorsen

PostSubject: Re: ... tell us which you prefer and why!   ... tell us which you prefer and why! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:49 pm

I have played wow before but only on the trail versions, i have never been bothered to pay that much for a game like WoW
Back to top Go down
Dark Johan of Time
General
General

PostSubject: Re: ... tell us which you prefer and why!   ... tell us which you prefer and why! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 9:52 pm

Lol, a friend of mine plays both GW and WoW

At the same time...
Back to top Go down
Abhorsen
Lieutenant Grade 2
Lieutenant Grade 2
Abhorsen

PostSubject: Re: ... tell us which you prefer and why!   ... tell us which you prefer and why! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 3:06 am

that would get so confusing...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ... tell us which you prefer and why!   ... tell us which you prefer and why! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

... tell us which you prefer and why!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hesketh Bank Massive :: Guild Wars vs World of Warcraft...-
Jump to: